INTERESTED IN THIS COURSE?
This course is closed for enrollments, submit the form to get notified early next time this course runs.
Workshop for digital drawing and painting foundations. Designed to teach the human figure and the animal body.
Do you have a desire to learn digital art or improve on the art that you are already creating?
Are you striving to learn all the basics when it comes to drawing and painting the human figure, creatures and animals?
Or perhaps you've been thinking about a new career path and are looking for a mentored program to help you in your adventures - then this workshop is the right thing for you!
In the Absolute Beginners workshop we will learn through indepth mentored training how to handle Photoshop and a Wacom tablet, while your skills get gently pushed further each week. The workshop is sensibly built around making you learn the software and handle the tablet alongside your first approaches in digital painting, so you can create your own art digitally by the end of week 8.
You will learn to draw convincing figures, analize the forms and shapes, go from black and white painting to learning colours on portrait painting and create your own painting in the end.
A huge bonus of the AB program is that it includes all the basics for animal drawing and painting, too, which makes it two complete 8 weeks workshops in one, with each one of them offering a huge set of instruction videos and individual student feedback.
The AB workshop also welcomes returning students with course content especially made for them at an intermediate and advanced level, which is completely built around helping them to find their own style and approach when working on their unique art.
=> Course benefits:
- Instructor with over 20 semesters experience in teaching digital and traditional drawing and painting techniques for beginners and advanced students, who has also been working professionally in the business for many years and loves to prepare you for all your future steps.
- Traditional studies to strengthen the eye, that go alongside the digital approach for example, pencil studies made in sketchbooks are more than welcome in this course and will gladly be reviewed by the intrsuctor.
- The very basic foundations are taught by making old master studies so that the only thing you at first have to worry about is how to get used to the tablet and the software.
- We will also learn how to break down figures into forms and planes and how to build up basic light and color settings for them. Alongside your basic anatomy and planes crash-course, we will also take a short trip into environment painting, teaching you all the essentials.
- Our last assignment is to design and create a painting of our own.
=> Course Updates:
- A lot of new content has been created and some lessons have been changed to encourage the individual approach of each student, including the new lessons thumbnail sketching and still life painting.
- New videos have been recorded in improved picture and sound quality, so our range is now covering all older Photoshop versions aswell as Photoshop CS6
- New content has been created to teach intermediate and advanced students to further strengthen their abilities in creating their own art.
- Course content has been overworked and restructered so that navigation inside the classroom has become even easier
-Weekly webinars will replace our weekly recorded feedback videos.
"Let me just say I would never have imagined I'd come even close to painting a reasonably accurate human figure or let alone a full coloured portrait and even landscape in 8 weeks! Anne has given me a gift that I truly value"
"The learning process Anne makes you goes through felt so natural that it wasn't overwhelming at all, it was more exiting to see that you made that!"
Anne Pogoda works in the German Television and gaming industry, has published over 30 workshops and has produced two books with B...Read More »