Cancellation and Refund Policy
CG Workshops reserves the right to cancel or terminate courses at its sole discretion. In the event of a course being cancelled prior to commencement, CGWorkshops will refund students in full. In the event of 'mid-course' termination CGWorkshops will refund monies equal to the proportion of the course that has not been delivered determined by the delivery date of weekly tutorials*. Students may cancel their enrolment to a course within 6 days of course commencement and receive a full refund less a 10% cancellation fee. If notice of cancellation is received after 7 days of course commencement, refunds will be pro rata minus 10% cancellation fee. In the event a student cannot complete a course due to ill health, personal duress or other circumstances genuinely beyond their control. CGWorkshops will consider refunding fees (equal to the undelivered proportion minus a 10% cancellation fee*) or offering ‘course credits’ that may be used at a later date. *eg. If a 5 week course is terminated due to unforeseen circumstances directly after the delivery of the week 3 tutorial students will be refunded 40% of the enrollment fee minus a 10% cancellation fee.
Credit/Debit Card Information
Your credit card information is securely stored in our system in an encrypted form. Communication between CGWorkshops and our bank is performed according to bank-supplied security requirements. Your credit card information is removed from our system upon the successful transfer of course registration fees.
In the event a disagreement arises between course participants that affects the progress of the course or the progress of a student/s; and if the dispute cannot be resolved via private email or any other form of direct communication the Manager, CGNetworks will arbitrate until the disagreement is resolved. Communication relevant to any such dispute beyond the course's private forum will not be tolerated.
Your username and password is specific to you - you can not share them with anyone else. Each CGWorkshop is specifically run on a private forum for individual students who have paid for their place alone. All CGWorkshop class content is copyrighted. Distribution of private passwords and / or any part of any class content will not be tolerated. Violation will result in termination from existing classes without refund and banning from future workshops.
When you visit www.cgworkshops.com you do so anonymously. We log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited and the type of browser used. We do not link you to anything personally identifiable or add your email address to any database unless you specifically request to be included on our email list, email us via the contact us page or register for an online workshop.
Unless required by law, we will not use personal information submitted via our website for any purpose other than those required to implement the effective delivery of CG Workshops. We will not disclose any of your personal information to any third party, without your consent. This statement does not extend beyond www.cgworkshops.com so when following a link from this website to another site you are not protected by this statement. By using this site CGWorkshops assumes you agree with this policy. If you do not accept the conditions, please do not use the site. CGWorkshops reserves the right to change this policy at any time without notice and recommends you check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the site following the posting of changes to these conditions indicates your acceptance of any changes.
CGWorkshops Code of Conduct
CGWorkshops offer a unique online class environment. It is our intention to offer, in addition to providing high quality tutorial material, an exclusive, personalized learning environment that allows students access to direct tutoring from industry professionals and opportunities to interact within a ‘mini community’.
Harmonious conduct within the classroom site is largely a matter of good sense and common courtesy; however it is worthwhile establishing some basic guidelines.
- Be courteous and polite. Show respect to the opinions and feelings of others and remember that CGWorkshops’ students come from a broad range of locations and are diverse in terms of their ethnic, cultural, religious and social backgrounds.
- Think before you write. You are responsible for your own words and any harm they may cause. Remember that many students do not use English as their first language which sometimes makes written communication challenging. Be patient and considerate. if you are angered by something take some time and calm down before replying. Often posts written in haste are later regretted.
- Don't dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary gossip or chat - there are other forums for that. CGWorkshops is a professional, learning platform.
CGWorkshops will not tolerate the posting of:
- Potentially inflammatory discussion or comment regarding religious, social and political issues or ‘hate speech’. This includes, but is not limited to, topics such as racism, sexism, religion, xenophobia or homosexuality.
- Crude, derogatory, inappropriate, or disrespectful remarks aimed at any individual(s). This includes personal vendetta, insulting comments directed at the work of any individual. Critique of work should not include unnecessarily derogatory remarks aimed at the user or the user’s work.
- Pornography. Including images or animations depicting blatantly pornographic acts including intercourse, masturbation, bestiality or abuse or links to pornographic sites. This excludes the tasteful use of nudity in artwork.
- Unnecessarily violent, crude, or obscene imagery. Including scenes depicting themes such as rape, or any other brutality.
- Racial slurs. Including jokes, or underhanded comments, directed at any race or culture.
- Piracy. Including advertising warez (or links to warez sites), serial numbers, cracks, or illegally copied software documentation. CGWorkshops will not tolerate aid or encourage the use of illegally acquired software.
- Posts potentially in breach Copyright or Nondisclosure Agreements. Including screenshots or any other unlawfully acquired content or information.
Posts containing subject matter as listed above will be removed. Should a user have any problems or issues regarding any subject on the forum or the conduct of any other user, they are encouraged to contact the Manager, CGWorkshops who will attend to the matter.
The information provided on this website is intended to be general information only. While considerable effort has been made to ensure that the information provided on this site is accurate, current and otherwise adequate in all respects CGWorkshops, its licensors, agents, employees and third party Instructors will not be held responsible for, and exclude all liability for any claims whatsoever arising from the use of this site. All linked websites and any downloadable documents are attached ‘as is’ and CGWorkshops do not necessarily sponsor or endorse any information contained therein. The information and data contained in this site is subject to change without notice and CGWorkshops reserves the right to revise this disclaimer at any time by updating this posting.
CGWorkshops are online classes that are designed by industry employed professional artists for the creative computer graphics industry. Classes can run from between two and 12 weeks. Run securely over the web, CGWorkshops give everyone the opportunity to learn specific skills and be tutored by leaders in all areas of CG design. The forum environment allows direct communication and assists students and Instructors to collaborate at any time anywhere in the world.
Weekly sessions commence with a video tutorial followed by the distribution of an assignment. Assignments assist students apply skills learned from the tutorials as well as receive guidance and coaching from the Instructor and other students in the group. The maximum class size of 35 ensures that you receive personalized feedback and mentoring.
In short, our structure is intended to take advantage of the freelance nature of the industry by using short 'time windows' Instructors often have between contracts.
All courses are presented by instructors who have a solid, up-to-date understanding of the industry and who excel at what they do. CGWorkshops is not a school or college. We are simply a pipeline, designed to assist those who have excelled in their field to share their expertise with others in the CG Community.
Please note, we try to ensure that all video quality is consistent and kept standardized between all workshops. However, as our instructors create all workshop videos on their own computer, there may be some differences between classes.
All courses and course material will be accessible by students of those courses via their individual login to CGWorkshops for up to 12 months from the beginning of the course after which it may be removed at anytime and no longer available.